Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mr. Keeping his Options Open




Okay, now this I just don't get. And let's count how many things should have told me that I should have told him I wasn't interested.
This guy, Mr. KhOO, emails me saying that he sawmy profile and thought he would say hello. He says that his profile is hidden because he has had some ex girlfriend issues. (As a side note, there are 2 things that I have found that I think is weird on this online dating thing. One is people that don't post pictures, we need to at least see what you look like. And two is people with hidden profiles. Why do you feel the need to hide your profile? Very suspect.
In addition, this guy is a bit older than me, about 12 years older and says no to wanting to have kids. The one picture I can see of his, he looks pretty cute and looks much younger than his age. Which he addressed in his email, saying that he takes good care of himself and whatnot.
I email him back saying that I hate to even bring it up but at some point I do want to have kids and he says he doesn't. He responds saying that if I definitely want kids we may not work out in the long run, but it might if I think I can have fun with someone that doesn't want to have kids. Well, of course I can have fun with someone that doesn't want kids, that's not the issue! The issue is forming an attraction and bond with someone that can't/isn't willing to give me the things that I need.
I think about it for a couple days and I decide that it doesn't hurt to get together and see how it goes. I email him and also ask him to send me his pictures since I can only see his main pic since his profile is hidden. Which he does and tells me to let him know if I'm still attracted and then we can go from there.
He doesn't wait for me to respond and emails me a couple hours later and says I should probably tell you that I am in the middle of a girlfriend fading in and out situation, which may turn me off and he would completely undestand. What was that again? girlfriend? can you explain this in and out situation, I'm not familiar....
So why exactly is a guy, who technically has a girlfriend, on an online dating site emailing other women?! Trying to keep his options open. Or looking for a hook up.
I email him back and say yeah I don't think we can get together if you are actually seeing someone....I'm sure I won't get a response. And that's quite alright.
I just don't get it, there is someone in your life, why are you looking for other people. I mean, if you don't want that person in your life, fine, but end it with them! Don't go looking for someone else!!
ugh



No comments:

Post a Comment